Sunday 7 October 2012

Running with the bulls (and cows)

My posts are a little out of date due to lack of Wi-Fi access on Saturday. So Saturday 6 October a run of 25 miles from O Cebreiro to Sarria with a stop at Triacastela for refuel an rest. Parts reminded me of Clywd hills with a hint of Snowdon range in the distance at times. Some farm tracks slowed me up as I walked with cows and then noticed some were bulls! Same thing happens in Henbury and Siddington on my training runs. Triacastela had a little church but grand graveyard with this type of vaults that I hadn't seen before but would now see again and again over the weekend. All above ground multi layered. I met a real priest wall king the Camino and dressed like a priest not like me! His name was Jean Claude from France in a lightweight cassock such as I have seen the Greek Orthodox priests were. Not practical for running and the Canons of the C of E allow me to not to dress as a cleric for recreation. So I am a MAMIL (Middle Aged Man In Lycra). I had a single bed rather than a bunk and a duvet and a view of the church - just like being in a Vicarage.

No comments:

Post a Comment