Thursday 11 October 2012

On the road again

There are a number of Ways to Santiago of which the Camino Frances that I have followed is one. So some folk carry on by foot to the end of the world- Finisterre or Fisterra in Galacian. So guess where I am headed today. Unfortunately my left knee is sore going downhill so I have it a rest from running and walked close to 30 miles I reckon, having had a slight detour when I missed a sign. Odd kind of rest for a sore knee but I felt full of energy after resting for a day and although the weather was showers and squalls, some sun and warmth meant drying out in between if somewhat steamy through lovely undulating hills and woodland tracks. Perhaps my energy came from a welcome Irish stout I found yesterday! Other brands are available, I like San Miguel or Estrella Galicia but given the choice on the supermarket stop today each at the same price, I chose a diet coke for some refreshment. What is impressive is that the bars serve alcohol free beers on draught. Real Madrid, Real Ale- No! This part of Spain is lovely, less run down or dilapidated buildings and instead more smart houses. I am looking forward to cliff top runs by the sea tomorrow and the day after before getting the bus back to Santiago and then the plane home on Monday. However the forecast is for rain and more rain so hoping for a little localised sunshine on yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment