Thursday 4 October 2012

Run for for your life

The scenery just got better and better today. My leg still aching a steep decent in the dark meant I had to run with care. I thought I would have to walk but just kept on running the whole 22.8 miles even uphill. So good to be running (if somewhat slowly) as I won't have to spend 8 hours on the road - just 4 hours 45 minutes moving time today. Once we had got through the big town of Pontferrada it was up through market garden terrain and then up through the vineyards bounded by mountain views around. Harvest time is coming. I am now at Villafranca del Bierzo and there is lots to see as it is also a tourist town as well as being on the Camino.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see so many photos of where you are, so we can imagine the place. So pleased to hear you're managing to run again, and we'll be praying the leg holds up now. By the way - I know it says it's Tim, but it's Helen really

    ReplyDelete