Saturday 13 October 2012

I must go down to the sea again...

Friday 12 October - What a beautiful morning run this turned out to be. Autumn mists and low lying cloud beneath the hills. I kept having to stop and look back it was so atmospheric. Some people take the bus but what joys they miss. Up and down I went, sadly a few too many loose dogs around farms for comfort. I really enjoyed running today as there was a constantly interesting landscape. Wind turbines on the hills came closer and a first glimpse of the sea before that too got closer.
I ended up doing just over 32 miles mostly run and quite quickly when downhill. I have lost so much weight that my legs don't seem to mind the weight on my back even going uphill. I reached the 0 kilometre mark on the camino which was 2 miles uphill from Fisterra town. I should have sorted my Albergue first as when I got back down every where was full- probably with those who have 'cheated' and come by bus, unlike yours truly who covered 89 kilometre in 2 days!. Rewarded by great views just like North Wales coast, oh how much we take for granted what is familiar and on our doorstep. I ended up in a Pension or Guest house the last room there I think, luxury tonight en-suite  Hot water, TV and a choice of 2 beds to sleep in. Today is a National holiday in Spain so families where out enjoying the beach. This place reminds me of Whitby without the kippers. Pizza for tea with view over harbour as the sun goes down after obligatory walk to end of harbour. Washing done but probably not dry and tomorrow having been to the end of the world- a visit to Muxia a quiet place for some reflection only a short 30 k or 18 miles away.....

No comments:

Post a Comment