Tuesday 2 October 2012

Let's go for a little walk

Leaving the lovely city of Leon behind today after 33 miles (my watch ran out of battery after 8 hours so approx) I arrived in another delightful old Roman town of Astorga. I am heading closer to the hills with every step and even ran about 7 miles but boy does my leg hurt now! At last a change of scenery I could have been on the sandstone trail back in Cheshire. Another hot day after a chilly start but really enjoyed running again and tried landing on my forefoot rather than my heels and it was much less of a strain on the sore bits-it is a more natural or barefoot style of running that is thought to lead to less injury. Highlight of the day was a beautiful old bridge that I caught on glorious midday sunshine. There are also many quirky things along the way that make you smile though at the end the pedestrian bridge over the railway line must of added another kilometre to the journey. Great Albergue with lovely veranda looking to the hills that await us perigrinos or pilgrims on the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment